I desperately hope that you enjoyed your thanksgiving week break! Let’s get back to it and finish strong.
Please watch the following two videos below on privacy concerns and technology, then answer the questions following it as the basis for your post this week.
- Do you think that we are living in a surveillance state?
- What is the concern about Snowden’s revelation about the NSA’s use of PRISM, et al.?
- What are some examples of ways in which you are potentially tracked everyday; what kind of trail do you leave?
- Do you feel that privacy, as a concept, is coming to an end?
- What actions would you have to take to preserve your privacy today?
If you are especially interested in this topic, (and as communicators, technologists and leaders you should be) you might want to watch the rest of the TED collection on this topic.
- RFID: Human Tracking (ytd2525.wordpress.com)
- Radio frequency identification technology (newtechnostuff.wordpress.com)
- Internet co-creator: ‘Privacy may be an anomaly’ (bgr.com)
- Poll Finds Americans Increasingly Believe Snowden Leaks Are Damaging National Security (matthewaid.com)
- Microchipping (vetfacts.wordpress.com)